(BEMC) is a full-time program designed to prepare internationally trained media and communications professionals to secure meaningful career in Ontario in the fields of journalism and professional writing; broadcast media; videography; or communications and PR. The program spans over a minimum 7 months, depending on the duration of the placement.
BEMC is delivered by the Mennonite New Life Centre of Toronto and funded by the Government of Ontario.
- Ongoing career coaching and guidance from an employment advisor
- Classroom instruction on the Canadian media landscape; professional workplace communication skills; and advanced exploration of up to six media and communications sub-sectors
- Hands-on, supervised placement opportunities
- Mentorship that will help build connections with hiring employers and support career development upon graduation.
Program participants gain:
- In-depth understanding of media and communications landscape, practices and career opportunities in Ontario
- Improved mastery of professional communication skills
- Greater capacity to work within the Canadian multicultural environment
- Canadian local work experience and employment supports
- Valuable personal and professional networks